Thursday, July 16, 2009

Repaired 3 LCDs today!!!



Want to fix your dead pixels on your DMG? Took me longer to read the thread over at 8BC than it did to fix 3 DMGs I tough were useless... One even had like 30-40% dead screen.


Did all 3 in less than 10 minutes with a 30w soldering iron from wal-mart that I use.



just hooked the bare board into a back assembled half shell and held in my hand like this



Took of the rubber strip and double sided tape with a razor blade (just lift up corner and pull with fingers)


I did the soldering with the DMG on, here is this one before...



I just used bare a soldering iron and did it in a painting motion towards the corners. Did this until all dead pixels were fixed gone.


NO MORE DEAD PIXLES, DRACULA HAS BEEN RESURRECTED!! (my camera made the screen look this way)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that actually does work! Took a bit of work, but there was about 25% dead. Back to 100% full screen. Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pics! It looks like you didn't in the last picture, but did you put the rubber strip/double sided tape back on after you fixed the screen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, I put the rubber strip back on :)

    ReplyDelete